- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
TTD decides to handover old guest houses maintenance to private, invites tenders
Tenders invited for 13 guest houses Bids received only for 11 guest house and TTD gain Rs 63 crores in the procedure
Tirupati: TTD decides to hand over 13 old guest houses maintenance to private firms. Already few guest houses were handed over to private firms under facilities management service (FMS). It may be noted that till five years ago maintenance works were looked at by the TTD. Now the situation has turned due to covid-19 crisis, crores of rupees hundi offerings have fallen down all of sudden. Though the Srivari Darshan resumed for common devotees by the scare of coronavirus spread devotees are not coming to Tirumala as much as expected. And liquid cash flow was stopped compared to four months ago hundi offerings income.
In circumstance, TTD board has given green signal for reducing the maintenance cost and other expenditure. Hence, TTD calls for bidding for 13 old guest houses maintenance in Hill shrine. After completion of the last date TTD has received only 11 bids out of 13 guest houses. In the tenders TTD benefitted Rs 63 crores , official sources said.
It is learnt that already TTD had given Tirupati Srinivasam, Madhava, as well as Vishnu Nivasam maintenance to private firms under FMS scheme. Following covid-19 crisis, TTD is searching alternative practices for cost cutting in all the wings including engineering works. In future TTD will not look at maintenance works like electrical, water, plumber and other works including sanitation. Also with the new system, TTD has no need to spend much money on guest houses maintenance and not necessary for recruiting additional staff in water works, electrical and health departments.