- Chandrababu Naidu arrives at TDP Mahanadu public meeting, to address the gathering
- TDP Mahanadu: All set for huge public meeting, Naidu to arrive at venue shortly
- Shaakuntalam Bags A Total Of 4 Awards At Prestigious Cannes World Film Festival Awards 2023
- Kodali Nani pays tribute to NTR, challenges Naidu, Lokesh to contest from Gannavaram
- Rajinikanth, Anupam Kher And SRK Praise PM Modi On The Occasion Of New Parliament Inauguration
- Modi pays tribute to NTR at 101st Mann ki Baat, says he earned place in hearts of people
- Sharwanand Drops A Tweet And Confirms That He Met With A Minor Car Accident
- 'DJ Tillu' Fame Praneeth Reddy Says, ‘I Want To Hold A Versatile ‘Tag’, Rather Than Being The Lead Actor
- AP Weather update: Heatwave predicted in several mandals today and evening
- NTR's centenary as 'Telugu Heritage Day' in America
Vijayawada: Rich tributes paid to police martyrs
Krishna district police recall services of Greyhounds junior commander K Manoj Kumar
Vijayawada: Krishna District Superintendent of Police M Ravindranath Babu paid rich tributes to the Greyhounds junior commando Karri Manoj Kumar, who laid his life while serving the country in Visakhapatnam district in 2008. Manoj Kumar hails from Mula Lanka village of Kalidindi mandal in Krishna district and he died while travelling in a boat in Seeleru rivulet in Visakhapatnam district during the combing operations against Maoists. The boat suddenly plunged into the river resulting in the death of Major and some other police personnel.
As part of the police martyrs commemoration week, the district police on Friday visited the residences of the police personnel, who sacrificed their lives for the nation and paid homage. SP Ravindranath Babu had garlanded the statue of Manoj Kumar which was installed by the villagers in the memory of departed commando in the village and paid floral tributes.
Addressing the villagers, the SP said the police and the country always remember the services and sacrifices made by the police personnel. He said he was delighted to visit the village and meet the family members, friends, relatives and other villagers. He recalled how the police had struggled to unearth the bodies from the Sileru river after the mishap occurred. He said Manoj had brought glory to Krishna district.
Kailaluru MLA D Nageswara Rao said he was very happy to participate in the meeting organized to commemorate the brave police Manoj Kumar. He said the people of Krishna district would never forget the sacrifice made by Major Kumar to the state and the country.
Kailaluru circle inspector YL Naidu, Kalidindi SI ADL Janardhan and other police personnel participated in the meeting.