- Naveen Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest Sports Science Centre in Kalinga Stadium
- Beyond the classroom: Exploring VR in education technology
- YSRCP Gearing up for early elections. Changes party in-charges
- AQI at an all-time high, but it is even worse inside your homes; Act now!
- Kodagu Police Swings dragnet
- Flipkart Year End Sale 2023: 5 Best TVs to buy under Rs 40,000
- Crackdown on Illicit Medical Practices
- Egg on the face of Muncipality
- Leelavathi was embodiment of selflessness: DCM D K Shivakumar
- Greenwood High students win inter school soccer tournament
Visakhapatnam: IN ships and aircraft gears up for rescue operations as Gulab cyclone to make a landfall
As the cyclonic storm Gulab is expected to make a landfall between North Andhra Pradesh and South Odisha coast in the next 12 hours, the Indian Navy is closely monitoring the movement of the cyclonic storm.
Visakhapatnam: As the cyclonic storm Gulab is expected to make a landfall between North Andhra Pradesh and South Odisha coast in the next 12 hours, the Indian Navy is closely monitoring the movement of the cyclonic storm.
Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command, and Naval Officers-in-Charge Odisha Area have carried out preparatory activities to combat the effects of the calamity and are in constant liaison with the State administrations for rendering assistance when required.
As part of the preparedness, flood relief teams and diving teams are prepositioned at Odisha and are ready at Visakhapatnam to render immediate assistance.
Two Naval ships are at sea with Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) material and medical teams to render assistance in the most affected areas.
Naval aircraft are kept ready at Naval Air Stations, INS Dega at Visakhapatnam and INS Rajali near Chennai to undertake an aerial survey of the most affected areas, casualty evacuation and air drop of relief material as required.