- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
- Hyderabad: CM KCR failed in solving ration dealers’ problems: Bandi Sanjay
- Salman Khan to host Big Boss OTT Hindi
- Hyderabad to host convention of global wedding planners
- Telangana stands 3rd after Kerala in Health Index ranking- NITI AAYOG
Visakhapatnam: Police host run against ganja
In connection with ‘Parivarthana’ programme held in Agency areas of Visakhapatnam, the district police conducted an awareness run against ganja cultivation.
Visakhapatnam: In connection with 'Parivarthana' programme held in Agency areas of Visakhapatnam, the district police conducted an awareness run against ganja cultivation.
Around 500 students took part in the 2K-Run held in Paderu under the directions of superintendent of police B Krishna Rao and supervision of ASP P Jagadeesh.
The police explained the ill-effects of ganja cultivation and how the youths are falling into the trap of substance abuse to the tribals. They exhorted the youth to say 'no' to cannabis.
The ITDA and the police department officials encouraged the youth to avail the employment opportunities provided to them, switch to alternate crops and give up ganja cultivation for good.
Also, they narrated how the innocent tribals were taken for granted by the middlemen and traders. Paderu circle inspector B Sudhakar, SI G Laxman Rao and others took part in the Parivarthana programme that focused on 'Run Against Ganja'.