- Mangroves to be developed at Bhimunivaripalem
- Hyderabad: TASA spreads awareness on need to protect environment
- Eco-Vizag to focus on five mantras
- OTT: This Simbu’s film is now available on Amazon Prime
- Tirupati: Rallies, plantation programmes mark World Environment Day
- ‘Adipurush’ pre release event: Never seen before arrangements going on at the venue
- Sivakarthikeyan finishes dubbing for ‘Maaveeran’
- World Environment Day: Measures to conserve environment highlighted
- Rangareddy: Man held for selling fake cotton seeds
- Hyderabad: 200 police officers deployed at Haj camp
Visakhapatnam: Some taken to custody, few others house arrested
The arrests of TDP leaders have been going on from Wednesday morning as the Telugu Desam Party calls for a statewide bandh.
Visakhapatnam: The arrests of TDP leaders have been going on from Wednesday morning as the Telugu Desam Party calls for a statewide bandh.
Leaders within the respective police station jurisdiction were house arrested and a few others were taken to custody.
TDP leaders and corporators were arrested and shifted to Pendurthi police station and Gopalapatnam police stations.
The cops reached at the leaders' houses around 4 a.m. and detained them. Gajuwaka former MLA Palla Srinivasa Rao, City general secretary Pasarla Prasad, Pendurthi mandal president Karaka Demudu and 89th ward corporator Dadi Ramesh were shifted to police station.
Meanwhile, Paravada police house arrested former minister Bandaru Satyanarayana Murthy.