- KA Paul urges KCR to join hands
- Telangana: Kanti Velugu reaches out to 1.6 cr people
- Assam, Manipur CMs discuss peace
- Rajahmundry: Need for sports to students stressed
- We're under pressure to compromise: Sakshi Malik
- Govt sets up Manipur peace committee
- Telangana: 1.5 lakh tribal farmers to get Rythu Bandhu
- We’ll see as we go along, Hardeep Singh Puri on petrol prices
- Indian Navy demonstrates formidable capability in Arabian Sea
- We are facing pressure to compromise: Sakshi Malik
Visakhapatnam: Traffic police launch Special drive 'Surakshita Prayanam'
In an effort to make people follow traffic rules, a special drive ‘Surakshita Prayanam’ (safe travel) has commenced in Visakhapatnam.
Visakhapatnam: In an effort to make people follow traffic rules, a special drive 'Surakshita Prayanam' (safe travel) has commenced in Visakhapatnam.
Initiated by the traffic police department under the guidance of the Commissioner of Police Manish Kumar Sinha, the special drive aims at building awareness among people on traffic regulations and lays emphasis on adhering to them. Using certified helmets, ensuring visible display of number plate, avoiding drunk driving and unauthorised use of sirens, fastening seat belts, among others are accorded priority in the campaign.
Explaining the initiative, ADCP (Traffic) Ch Adinarayana said that not many were particular about wearing quality helmets. "The drive will create awareness on the use of certified helmets so that they will serve the purpose. Besides, the focus is on adhering to traffic rules and encouraging people to own responsibility," he said.
Along with necessary action, the ADCP informed that the violators who do not mend their ways will be given counselling under the 'Marpu' (change) programme, initiated by the city police. Besides the traffic, 101 personnel from other wings have been roped in for the initiative.