- Worlds first 3D Printed Hindu Temple in Siddipet Soon
- Electric Vehicle manufacturers to require 13 million square feet real estate space by 2030
- KTR challenges opposition parties to announce Chief Minister candidate, says BRS will win 100 seats
- Samantha shares good words about Vijay Deverakonda
- Credit Suisse Wealth Management releases months outlook report
- Madhavan celebrating his day on sets of 'Test' is 'the best birthday gift'
- Sreenivas Bellamkonda, Saagar K Chandra, 14 Reels Plus #BSS10 Launched Grandly Today
- IAF light air craft crashed in farm land Coovercolly Indresh
- Vikram Bhatt’s daughter Krishna Bhatt makes directorial debut with a horror film
- Rakul's plan B was MBA in fashion, but luckily, she didn't have to do that
2 arrested for betting, 35,000 recovered
Nawabpeta police held two offenders on Monday, who were involved in cricket betting and seized cash of Rs 35,000 and two mobiles from them.
Nellore: Nawabpeta police held two offenders on Monday, who were involved in cricket betting and seized cash of Rs 35,000 and two mobiles from them. The accused were identified as U Venkata Ramesh, and Shaik Khadar Nawaz from Nellore city. Addressing the media here on Tuesday, City DSP NBM Murali Krishna said that Venkata Ramesh and Shaik Khadar Nawaz were habitual betting organisers and have actively involved in the activity during the IPL matches.
The DSP informed that the accused used to collect betting amount from the people and cheat them and cases were booked earlier against them for organising cricket betting and were sentenced imprisonment too. But, there was no change in their behaviour and started the same activity after releasing from the jail.
Nawabpeta police taken the duo into custody on Monday at a private function hall in Pappula Street in the city while organising the betting activity. The DSP said that normal practice has been that people, who bet amount on cricket matches pay online. But, regular bettors in city are doing the activity paying hard cash.
The accused used to attract the people, who are interested in cricket and crave for easy money and started cheating them, DSP informed. Nawabpet CI K Srinivasa Rao and Sub-Inspector K Veera Prathap were also present.