Servant held for theft in IAS officer's house
The city police nabbed a domestic servant Bikas Sonawar, who allegedly involved in the theft case at the house of senior IAS officer Sashi Bhushan Kumar, in Kolkata.
Vijayawada: The city police nabbed a domestic servant Bikas Sonawar, who allegedly involved in the theft case at the house of senior IAS officer Sashi Bhushan Kumar, in Kolkata. The police also recovered jewellery, three cell phones, a watch and cash all worth Rs 18.03 lakh from his possession. He was brought on transit warrant from Kolkata to Vijayawada and was produced before the magistrate and sent to judicial remand on Saturday.
Currently he is in judicial remand and will be taken on police custody for investigation. The theft was occurred at the house of senior IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Kumar on March 30 when he was away on election duty in Karnataka State and his family was away in Hyderabad.
On return from Hyderabad, Ms Amrita Kumar, wife of Shashi Bhushan Kumar, lodged a complaint with Suryaraopet police. The complaint stated that, since the date of offence, the domestic servant Bikas Sonawar was found absconding with gold ornaments, cash, a watch and a cell phone.
- Surgeons remove 8 Spoons, Knife, 2 Toothbrushes from a Man's stomach
- Charge sheet filed against accused in Bandipora rape case
- Muslim family in UP names newly-born son after PM Narendra Modi
- Drought situation in Maharashtra is very serious says Sharad Pawar
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit