- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
6 shops gutted in Thane fire, none hurt
A major fire destroyed at least half a dozen shops in a commercial complex on Friday morning here in Maharashtra, but no casualty was reported, civic officials said.
Thane: A major fire destroyed at least half a dozen shops in a commercial complex on Friday morning here in Maharashtra, but no casualty was reported, civic officials said.
The shopping complex is part of a sprawling housing colony and located on the GB Road.
The fire broke out in the complex around 6 am, said Santosh Kadam, chief of the Thane Municipal Corporation's Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC).
A dozen fire engines and RDMC personnel are engaged in dousing the flames, he said.
He said the cause of the blaze was not yet known, but no one was injured in the incident.
It is a big blaze which destroyed at least half a dozen shops selling medicines, sweets, liquor and hardware, among other items, Kadam said.