- RBI sets ball rolling for new bad loans provisioning method
- Chromosomes may explain why men experience severe Covid
- CBI lodges FIR against private firm, others for causing Rs 63.71 cr loss to IDBI Bank
- This is beginning of BJP's end: AAP leaders on Sanjay Singh's arrest
- Finance minister emphasises on corporate good governance among company secretaries
- Flash floods in Sikkim another reminder for being more sensitive to local ecologies: Jairam
- Ram Charan is ‘glad to meet nation’s pride’ MS Dhoni
- CAG report exposes disarray and anarchy in financial management of AP: BJP spokes person
- Sukesh Chandrashekhar sends legal notice to Mika Singh over comment on Jacqueline's pic
- Oppn slams BJP govt over arrest of AAP MP Sanjay Singh
Amit Shah extends greetings to personnel, their families on RAF's 28th anniversary
Union home minister Amit Shah on Wednesday extended greetings to the Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel and their families on the force's 28th anniversary.
NEW DELHI: Union home minister Amit Shah on Wednesday extended greetings to the Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel and their families on the force's 28th anniversary.
In a tweet, Shah said the RAF has distinguished itself in dealing with the challenges relating to law and order.
"Greetings to RAF personnel and their families on their 28th anniversary. The RAF has distinguished itself in dealing with the challenges relating to law and order. Time and again, their commitment in several humanitarian works and United Nations peacekeeping missions has made India proud," the home minister tweeted.
The RAF, a specialised wing of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), was raised in Oct 1992 initially with 10 unattached battalions and increased with 5 more units on January 1, 2018.
These units were set up to deal with riots and riot-like situations, to instill confidence amongst all sections of the society and also, handle internal security duty.