- Hyderabad: NSDC organising Kaushal Mahotsav, a two-day Job Mela
- JNTU-H introduces BTech in Cyber Security
- Hyderabad: 3-day G20 HWG meet in city from today
- KCR to visit Nirmal today
- Hyderabad: Leaders express shock over Odisha train mishap
- Shivamogga: Education Minister says textbook revisions will be made
- Telangana celebrates Farmers Day
- District in-charge ministers list is out for entire State
- MLC Kavitha releases London Bonalu poster
- BDS students from AP in a dilemma: Students urge govt to hold practical exams in Telangana
Dehradun-Rishikesh bridge collapses
The Dehradun-Rishikesh bridge collapsed near Rani Pokhari village as heavy rains continued to lash parts of Uttarakhand on Friday
New Delhi: The Dehradun-Rishikesh bridge collapsed near Rani Pokhari village as heavy rains continued to lash parts of Uttarakhand on Friday. A truck turned turtle and a few others remained stranded even as a river continued to flow under the broken bridge.
The incident was captured on camera. Meanwhile, visuals from the rain-hit region showed the moment when the Maldevta-Sahastradhara Link Road caved in.
As the road collapsed, water from a river started flowing into the large hollow pit, submerging the road for several meters.
Uttarakhand has been witnessing heavy downpour for the past three-four days.
The Rishikesh-Devprayag, Rishikesh-Tehri and Dehradun-Mussoorie roads have been closed due to landslides caused by heavy rainfall.
The Uttarakhand Police have urged people to avoid travelling to the area till the weather becomes normal.