- BJP Rectifies Candidate List For Assam Lok Sabha Elections: Key Updates And Corrections
- Tragic House Collapse Claims Lives Of Mother And Three Daughters Amidst Heavy Rains In Jammu and Kashmir
- Work hard to bring TDP-JSP to power: TDP chief to cadre
- Yogi Adityanath-Led BJP Government In Uttar Pradesh Set To Expand Cabinet Amid Recent Electoral Victories
- Chandrababu to meet TDP candidates in Palnadu district today
- BJP Files Complaint Against Congress Leader For Allegedly Mishandling National Anthem At Kerala Rally
- BJP will have to pick Reddy nominee if it goes solo
- TDP-Jana Sena alliance unstoppable, declares Naidu
- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
Former PM Manmohan Singh to skip President's banquet in Trump's honour
Singh had earlier accepted the invite but expressed his inability to attend the same on Monday.
New Delhi: Former prime minister Manmohan Singh will not attend the official banquet hosted by President Ram Nath Kovind in honour of US President Donald Trump on February 25, sources said.
Singh had earlier accepted the invite but expressed his inability to attend the same on Monday.Manmohan Singh, Donald trump, Trump in India, India-US ties, Namaste Trump
He has conveyed his regret to the President's office for not being able to attend the banquet, sources close to Singh said.
The opposition Congress is peeved at the Modi government's move to not allow its top leaders a meeting with the visiting US president, as has been the tradition.
Congress leader in Lok Sabha Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury and leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad are also skipping the President's banquet in protest over the party's top leaders not being extended an invitation.