Karnataka Congress leader quits, joins BJP
Karnataka Congress leader A. Manju resigned from the party over the alliance with the Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) for the Lok Sabha elections.
Bengaluru:Karnataka Congress leader A. Manju resigned from the party over the alliance with the Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) for the Lok Sabha elections.
"The recent developments in the Congress, especially the alliance with JD-S, is a disaster," Manju wrote in a letter dated March 17 to state Congress chief Dinesh Gundu Rao which he shared with the media here.
Manju joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in Hassan district on Sunday.
He was a three-time MLA from the district and a former Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister.
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Debt ridden farmer kills self in Rajasthan
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting
- Narendra Modi to meet President Kovind in evening to stake claim to form new government
- Amid saffron surge, Mamata Banerjee's challenge to keep flock together ahead of Assembly polls