- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Man drowns while saving son in Odisha
A man drowned in Kathajodi River while trying to save his eight-year-old son in Naraj area of Cuttack district in Odisha on Sunday.
Bhubaneswar: A man drowned in Kathajodi River while trying to save his eight-year-old son in Naraj area of Cuttack district in Odisha on Sunday.
The deceased identified as Saroj Kumar Sahoo was a resident of Teli Sahi in Naraj area under Baranga police station of Cuttack district.
Sources said that 45-year-old Saroj, an electrician by profession, while taking bath spotted his son was getting swept away in the current. He jumped into the water to save the child but was stuck in quicksand. Meanwhile, his son managed to come out of the water holding a saree thrown by some women present at the spot.
The deceased Saroj was rescued by the locals who rushed him to a nearby hospital where the doctors declared him 'brought dead'.
Police, after legal formalities, handed over the body to the family members.