- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
MLA hostel in Mumbai evacuated after bomb scare
An MLA hostel in south Mumbai was evacuated after the city police received a phone call about a bomb being placed in the building, an official said on Tuesday.
However, no bomb was found after a search in the premises and the phone call turned out to be a hoax, he said.
The incident took place on Monday night when an unidentified person called the police, saying a bomb was placed inside the Akashvani MLA hostel, located near the state secretariat, the official said.
Police rushed to the spot and around 150 people, who were occupying rooms in the hostel, were moved out, he said.
A Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad (BDDS) accompanied by sniffer dogs carried out an extensive search in the building till the early hours of Tuesday.
However, the police and the BDDS team did not find anything suspicious and the call turned out to be a false alarm, the official said.