- Gang leaders take charge in next task on ‘Roadies’
- Shehnaz Gill shares relationship advice with ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ contestant: ‘Move on, therapy le le’
- 'IBD 3' winner Samarpan Lama: Would love to choreograph Siddharth Malhotra, Tom Holland
- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
NGT asks zonal benches to form special benches for pending cases' disposal
The National Green Tribunal has directed its zonal benches--Kolkata, Pune, Chennai to constitute special benches from May 2 to clear the pending cases instituted up to December 31, 2017.
New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal has directed its zonal benches--Kolkata, Pune, Chennai to constitute special benches from May 2 to clear the pending cases instituted up to December 31, 2017.
In the fresh directive, the green court also issued a schedule for hearing such matters through the hybrid option.
The Eastern zonal bench of Kolkata will hear the matters every working Monday or any other day decided by the competent authority. The western zonal bench of Pune will follow Tuesday, Wednesday, or any other day as per the authority's decision, while the Southern Zonal bench of Chennai will have such hearings on Thursday, Friday, or any other day as decided there, said an NGT notice of April 27.
The matters of the principal bench and the matters of the respective bench will continue to be heard on these days after the hearing of the Special benches which starts from 10.30 a.m. onwards.
However, the practice of listing the matters of the concerned zonal benches before a special bench on every working Monday once in a month in terms of notice dated September 6, 2021, shall be discontinued, it said.
No request for adjournment will be entertained, read the notice, adding that however, in special circumstances, adjournment may be granted for a period not beyond one week before listing.