- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
PIL in Allahabad High Court for release of aged inmates
A PIL has been filed before the Allahabad High Court regarding decongestion of the prisons in Uttar Pradesh in the light of growing coronavirus cases in the state
Prayagraj : A PIL has been filed before the Allahabad High Court regarding decongestion of the prisons in Uttar Pradesh in the light of growing coronavirus cases in the state.
The plea seeks a direction to the Department of Prison Administration, Government of Uttar Pradesh, and the Uttar Pradesh High Powered Committee to consider the release of prisoners who are above the age of 65 years old or suffering from comorbidities.
The PIL was filed by Man Mohan Mishra, who is a practising advocate at Allahabad High Court.
The petitioner prayed for a direction to the High Court to take effective measures to ensure expeditious disposal of the anticipatory bail applications, parole applications, etc., pending before the courts across the state so as to decongest the overpopulated prisons.