- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
PM advises E&F ministry to set parameters for clearing projects
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday advised Environment and Forest departments to set parameters to give early clearances to environment and forest-related projects.
Narmada (South Gujarat): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday advised Environment and Forest departments to set parameters to give early clearances to environment and forest-related projects.
The Prime Minister said for clearance 6,000 projects applications each pending forest and environment clearance. It takes three months to get each project cleared by the environment and forest department.
While virtually addressing the National Conference of Environment Ministers in Ekta Nagar in Gujarat, the Prime Minister said that the state government should take up biofuel blending as a programme and ensure that the belding increases in each state and carbon omission is brought under control.
He said, "I think that the role of the Environment Ministry is more as a promoter of the environment rather than the regulator." He asked the states to own the measures like vehicle scrapping policy, and healthy competition as well as collaboration among the states to promote these measures.