Tips to remove dandruff natural way
Great-looking hair is something everyone desires, and it is not difficult to achieve -- but dandruff is one problem which is very common during the winter season. Using aloe vera gel or trying a homemade pack of neem can help you in many ways, says an expert.
Great-looking hair is something everyone desires, and it is not difficult to achieve but dandruff is one problem which is very common during the winter season. Using aloe vera gel or trying a homemade pack of neem can help you in many ways, says an expert.
Nivedita Dadu, dermatologist from Skinology Skin and Hair Clinic, shares a few insights on how one can achieve healthy hair in winters.
* Usage of Aloe Vera gel is effective in keeping dandruff at bay. Apart from anti-fungal properties, which help in soothing the scalp and keep itching at bay, aloe vera gel also has several benefits for your skin and health. Take five tablespoon aloe vera gel and simply massage it on your scalp and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash with plain water or mild shampoo.
* Try baking soda as it can help you get rid of dandruff. It is alkaline in nature and helps eliminate dead skin cells by acting as a mild exfoliant. Take two tablespoons baking soda, add a few drops of water to make it a paste, apply it on your scalp and massage it for a few minutes then rinse your hair with plain water or shampoo.
* Try a home-made pack of neem. Take one-fourth cup neem juice, coconut milk and beetroot juice and one tablespoon coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients together and massage the pack into the scalp. Wash it after 20 minutes with a herbal shampoo and conditioner.
* Coconut oil and Lemon is best, tried-and-tested remedy to tackle dandruff and it smells nice too. Before showering, massage 3-5 tablespoons of coconut oil and lemon juice into your scalp and let it sit for about an hour. Shampoo normally.
* Fenugreek or methi seed is also beneficial in reducing the occurrence of dandruff. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which help banish the white flakes. Take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds, one cup water and one cup apple cider vinegar. Soak methi seeds in water overnight. Grind them into a paste in the morning. Add apple cider vinegar to the paste and apply on your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off with mild shampoo. You will see the difference in reduction of dandruff after washing.