6 simple tips for vacationing this season
Go easy with clothing: If you are planning a vacation during the hot months, go easy with what you choose to wear. Pack more of cottons such as loose tops, comfy pants and a light pair of shoes to combat the heat outside.
* Go easy with clothing: If you are planning a vacation during the hot months, go easy with what you choose to wear. Pack more of cottons such as loose tops, comfy pants and a light pair of shoes to combat the heat outside. Don't forget your sunglasses for eye protection. Always wear a hat when stepping out in the morning and sun block your skin at any cost.
Summer time is when a lot of plans are made, ranging from short trips to long vacations. Whether they could be to nearby temples, beaches or other sights, the heat is an everlasting companion. There are important things to keep in mind while planning a trip in the summer, from packing friendly fabrics to stocking up light snacks, say experts. Nivedita Dadu, a dermatologist from Skinology Skin and Hair Clinic, and Anubha Singh, a gynecologist and IVF expert from Shantah IVF Centre, list down some points.
* Extra care for pregnancy: If you are pregnant, it is important to keep yourself hydrated and carry some light food with you to eat in between so that you and your baby inside will not feel hungry. Eat before you are hungry and drink before you become thirsty. It is also important to talk to your gynecologist before you take a domestic or international trip to discuss safety factors for you and your baby.
* Take a break often: Do stop for restroom breaks. Do light stretching in between so that you will not feel tired.
* Neck support is important: Carry your favourite pillow along with you to support your back if you are travelling by car, aircraft or bus.
* Medicines are important too: Do not forget to carry some emergency medications like anti-emetics, anti-motility drugs and a few packets of oral rehydration powder. In addition, you can pack some acidity relief tablets for emergency.