Trends for women this festive season
With the festive season around the corner, it\'s that time of the year when women love to flaunt their most innovative traditional ensembles and jewellery that reflects their innate ethnicity.
With the festive season around the corner, it's that time of the year when women love to flaunt their most innovative traditional ensembles and jewellery that reflects their innate ethnicity.
Experts suggest that minimalism is the way to go and vibrant colours with some experimentation with accessories ensures that your style game is on point.
Experts Ranu Bathwal, Founder of Popup Galleria and Sarika Naheta, Director at Jaipur Jewels, share some interesting traditional and contemporary styling tips for women this festive season.
* Minimalist lightweight garments are trending this festive season ensuring less is more. Minimalism is the key trend as it allows room for innovations in terms of experimentation with statement jewellery that enhances the overall look of an ensemble as opposed to heavy embroidered garments that are not so easy to carry for all festivities.
* These days women look for simple as well as traditional designs that weigh less and something that can be worn on various occasions. With changing times, women are moving beyond conventional jewellery and adopting more contemporary styles. Lightweight jewellery embellished with semi-precious stones looks youthful and elegant. Diamond jewellery embedded with colourful gemstones, enamelled pieces, jewellery pieces with minakari work have caught attention this festive season.
* It is important to select a garment that is versatile enough to allow experimentation whilst compatible with the type of occasion.
* This season, elaborate styles like ruffles, flares, pee-a-book, florals, statement sleeves, slogan tees, off-shoulder and print-on-print fashion are a rage. The trending colour palette includes vibrant shades of green, yellow and pink.
* The quintessential Chandbali of Indian heritage is one of the biggest jewellery trends for this season. They are eternally stylish and versatile and can be paired with any Indian look.
* Having coloured stone jewellery in your collection is always helpful, as it can quickly add colour to a simple monochrome look or match with any hue to your outfits. Opting for a simple choker necklace set in emeralds or ruby coloured stones can be easily matched with different Indian attire.
* A floral flared top paired with a floral maxi skirt works well across brunch and dinner looks. One can pair a maxi dress with a statement piece of jewellery that stands out to spice up the look and make a chic fashion statement. Versatile garments like a simple kurta paired with a palazzo or flared skirt can be styled differently by accessorising creatively with oxidized jewellery or layered neck pieces and bracelets.
* Diamond necklaces are one of the jewellery pieces which are ideal for festive occasions. They make a subtle statement, adding grace and elegance to your look.