- WWDC 2023: Apple's new AR headset is Apple Vision Pro
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces Mac Pro with M2 Ultra
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces iOS 17 with New Features
- Here is the official date of ‘NBK108’ title release
- Assam Police seize drugs valued at Rs 6 crore, one held
- Shehbaz rejects PTI's claims on rights abuses
- CBI must probe how Trinamool accessed official call between two Railway officials: Suvendu Adhikari
- Govt sources say Railways spent over Rs 1L cr of RRSK funds on safety in five years
- Youngistaan Foundation Celebrates World Environment Day with an Inspiring Trek
- Manhunt underway in Jharkhand to nab illegal mining kingpin Dahu Yadav
TTD plans to distribute laddus in sealed covers
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is now planning to distribute its famous and mouth-watering 'laddu' in a packed cover. TTD officials have...
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is now planning to distribute its famous and mouth-watering 'laddu' in a packed cover. TTD officials have recently held discussions with a Hyderabad based company, which expressed its readiness to provide adequate machinery and other equipment to pack the laddus. On an experimental basis, a total of 80 laddus were packed in a sealed cover and they were sent to TTD Laboratory on Thursday. The laddus will be put in observation whether these will be have quality for 15 days or rot.
On an average, one lakh laddus are either sold or distributed to devotees daily in Tirumala. In addition to this, some cooks roll out mouth-watering laddus, give them as prasadam to devotees after having the darshan of Lord Venkateswara. The Tirupati laddus are not produced anywhere in the country and are very unique in terms of quality, reputation and other characteristics. However, while selling the laddus at the counters, some employees are reportedly misusing the laddus and damaging its shape. With this, the TTD is incurring heavy losses in terms of revenue and quantity of the laddus.
In a bid to control the damage to laddus and prevent the misuse of staff and supply the quality laddus to devotees, the TTD officials mooted a proposal of distributing the laddus in a sealed cover. As part of it, the packed covers were sent to the laboratory. Speaking to The Hans India, a senior official in the TTD said that the proposal was still at the preliminary stage and based on the laboratory reports, they would take a final decision whether it will be feasible or not.