- Microsoft's new feature to let users react to comments in Word
- Picture of traffic signal melted in Vijayawada seems to be untrue
- Flipkart Big Saving Days sale starts on June 10: Deals on iPhone 13, Poco X5 and more
- Shakambari Utsavalu will begin on July 1st at the Durga Temple
- Fire breaks out in Khammam Agricultural Market
- TS Haritotsava from June 19
- IN undertakes twin carrier CBG ops in Arabian Sea
- Amit Shah to Visit Tamil Nadu on Sunday
- Bonalu festival showcases Telangana's rich culture: Minister
- BJP state vice president appeals to authorities to put off school reopening date
MP for inclusion of tobacco in Fasal Bima
Ongole MP Y V Subba Reddy demanded Prime Minster Narendra Modi to include tobacco in Fasal Bima Yojana, a crop insurance scheme launched by the PM recently.
Ongole: Ongole MP Y V Subba Reddy demanded Prime Minster Narendra Modi to include tobacco in Fasal Bima Yojana, a crop insurance scheme launched by the PM recently.
The MP wrote to the PM and Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Sunday urging minimum support price to tobacco farmers.
Stating that 3.6 crore people depend on tobacco in India, the MP said about 29,000 farmers in Prakasam district are cultivating tobacco in 42,700 hectares.
But in January, about 30 to 40 per cent of the crop was damaged by the blight causing a loss of Rs 70,000-80,000 per acre, which comes to Rs 5 lakh per each barn.
Saying that 14 farmers committed suicide last year, Subba Reddy asked the Prime Minister to bring tobacco under Fasal Bima Yojana to help millions of farmers.