Compensation assured for displaced farmers

Compensation assured for displaced farmers
x
Highlights

Speaking on the occasion, the collector said the farmers would be reimbursed if they come with valid documents stating that they are in possession of the said lands.

Kurnool: District Collector Challa Vijay Mohan assured farmers that compensation would be paid for their lands taken procured for the Mega Solar Park at Shakunala and Gani villages. He held a meeting with the farmers on Wednesday.

Speaking on the occasion, the collector said the farmers would be reimbursed if they come with valid documents stating that they are in possession of the said lands.

The Joint Collector Hari Kiran had conducted a thorough enquiry over the lands of Shakunala and Gani villages after the representations from the villagers and up to now around 60 per cent of enquiry was completed, he said.

The remaining 40 per cent of enquiry on lands would be completed by June 25 and the same would be forwarded to the government for the reimbursement.

He asserted that by July 15th farmers would get their amount. Besides, he also vowed to strive hard for the development of Shakanula and Gani villages.

He said around 132 cases pertaining to Gani and 120 cases of Shakunala were sorted out upto 60 per cent as assured earlier in April and the remaining 40 per cent cases would be cleared very shortly. Reimbursement of amount would take place smoothly in case of disputes in the families.

Joint Collector Hari Kiran, KDCC bank chairman Mallikurjana Reddy and others participated in the
meeting.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Interested in blogging for thehansindia.com? We will be happy to have you on board as a blogger.
Next Story
More Stories