- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
- SAFF U16 Women’s C'ship: Anushka Kumari nets hat-trick as India thrash Bhutan 7-0
- India expresses deep shock at the loss of lives in northern Gaza
- TN Deepika participates in Gadapa Gadapaku Mana Prabhutvam in Hindupur
- TDP reviews on arrangements for Shankaravam in Kuppam
- GVL Narsimha Rao congratulates National Bodybuilding competition winner in Visakhapatnam
Docs negligence alleged in mom, kid deaths
The couple were earning their livelihood as daily wage labourers. She was admitted to district headquarters hospital for delivery on Tuesday. The doctors declared that the just-born was dead after delivery and assured kin that the mother was safe.
Chittoor: The deaths of new-born baby and mother created furore in the Government General Hospital here on Tuesday night. Alleging negligence of doctors, relatives of the bereaved family have staged a dharna in front of the hospital, blaming that the doctors have failed to discharge their duties resulting the death of the child and mother. Rekha (35), a native of Kondapalli village in GD Nellore mandal had married Sasi Kumar (42) of Tamil Nadu state, a decade ago.
The couple were earning their livelihood as daily wage labourers. She was admitted to district headquarters hospital for delivery on Tuesday. The doctors declared that the just-born was dead after delivery and assured kin that the mother was safe. Relatives alleged that the doctors have performed caesarean operation without obtaining consent of her husband due to heavy loss of blood.
Unfortunately, Rekha was also died despite various surgical interventions. Seething with anger, relatives have obstructed the doctors from leaving the hospital at the main entrance and raised slogans against the doctors. Two Town Circle Inspector Venkata Kumar has reached the spot and pacified the agitating relatives of the deceased. Speaking to The Hans India here on Wednesday, hospital superintendent Dr Murthy has defended the doctors and maternity staff.
“I have made a formal inquiry over the incident. As the health condition of Rekha was critical, doctors have performed caesarean operation,” he stated. After receiving a probe report, Murthy said that action would be initiated against negligent doctors and staff based on the instructions of the District Collector.