- Amazon aggregator Thrasio files for bankruptcy in US
- Terrorist associate arrested in J&K's Sopore
- IVPL: Munaf Patel shines as Chhattisgarh Warriors thrash Rajasthan Legends by 7 wickets
- Most firms globally reported 55% or more of legacy tech debt in 2023
- 'No papers shared, no blame to share’, Delhi L-G slams Kejriwal over water scheme
- Zaheer Khan was someone I used to watch a lot to try and learn from, says James Anderson
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- MWC 2024: MediaTek Unveils Groundbreaking AI Capabilities
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg meets key Samsung, LG officials
- Varun Tej feels ‘Operation Valentine,’ a tale of passion, patriotism, and new horizons
Washermen seek SC status
Washermen on Thursday took out a huge rally in the town and submitted a memorandum to the Revenue Divisional Officer demanding the government to include them in the list of the SCs.
Adoni: Washermen on Thursday took out a huge rally in the town and submitted a memorandum to the Revenue Divisional Officer demanding the government to include them in the list of the SCs.
Later talking to media, washermen’s association leaders Siddappa and joint secretary C Nagaraju said 17 states in the country recognised the washermen as SCs and three states recognised them as the STs.
They contended that they are washing the linen of one and all in society to keep them neat and clean, while they are languishing in filth. Therefore, the association leaders contend that washermen should be included in the list of SCs for their political and social development.
Their demands include scholarships to students belonging to washermen community and allotment of special budget for them.