- BJP protests in Karnataka Assembly against Siddaramaiah govt's resolution
- UPA govt refused to hike Karnataka’s share from 30% to 40%: BJP
- MEA responds to Indians caught in conflict in Russia, urges caution
- IIT Bombay’s new low-cost, thin coating material can reduce record heat
- Elon Musk says Gmail’s alternative Xmail is coming soon
- Goa AAP MLA demands dropping of cases against ‘mob’ involved in attacking BJP minister
- Six killed in millitary, NPA rebels clash in Philippines
- Bank deposits losing attractiveness as govt savings schemes see strong growth
- 4th Test: Root, Foakes bat out entire session as England reach 198/5 at tea
- Atlantis The Royal welcomes Louis Vuitton's Iconic Mascot, Vivienne
Two smugglers held, 350 kg ganja seized
The city task force police on Monday nabbed two persons on charges of transporting ganja and seized a vehicle and 350 kg ganja from their possession.
Vijayawada: The city task force police on Monday nabbed two persons on charges of transporting ganja and seized a vehicle and 350 kg ganja from their possession.
According to city task force ACP A Prasad, the two accused were transporting ganja illegally in Innova vehicle from Vizag to Chennai. On a tip-off, the task force team tried to intercept the vehicle near Pottipadu tollgate in Gannavaram mandal in the early hours of Monday.
But, the accused did not stop the vehicle and passed towards Ramavappadu and later turned the vehicle towards Bandar Road. On the other hand, the task force police chased the Innova and managed to intercept it near Kanur village.
The irate smugglers dashed the police van with their vehicle and again tried to escape. But, the alert task force team overpowered them and nabbed the culprits. Task force circle inspector Gunaram, sub-inspector G Srinivas and others constables were present in the raid.