- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Jagan questions claims of 15 L cr investments to AP
If the Union government believes what Chandrababu Naidu is announcing in the CII summit at Visakhapatnam, how can it announce Special Category Status to the state, questioned YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Podili: If the Union government believes what Chandrababu Naidu is announcing in the CII summit at Visakhapatnam, how can it announce Special Category Status to the state, questioned YS Jaganmohan Reddy. Speaking at Podili in Markapuram Assembly constituency as part of the Praja Sankalpa Yatra on Monday, Jaganmohan Reddy alleged that the Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has no credibility.
The YSR Congress Party president YS Jaganmohan Reddy walked 13.5 km from Pedaarikatla to Podili on Monday, on his 98th day of padayatra. He was greeted by huge crowds of farmers, youth and women all the way and a number of people submitted petitions to him with their grievances. At Chinaarikatla, women brought empty plastic pots and urged him to help them get drinking water.
At the public meeting in Podili, Jaganmohan Reddy said that he noticed that many villages have been facing scarcity of drinking water in the constituency. He blamed the TDP government for not completing the Veligonda project yet. He flayed the Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu for not paying the insurance premium for the Kharif season though the Rabi season is also about to complete. The state is cursed with drought for the past four years. But he is not taking any remedial measures to help the farmers get input subsidy and insurance for the crop loss.
He said that the Chandrababu Naidu kept changing his word on special category status and at last started to demand for it now. Responding to the claim of flow of crores of investments through hundreds of MoUs at the CII partnership meets in Visakhapatnam, Jaganmohan Reddy asked the public whether they witnessed any companies investing Rs 15lakhs crores in the state.
He said that the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion revealed that the companies filed Industrial Entrepreneurs Memorandum with them submitted investments details of Rs 4500 crores in the AP by the end of 2015, Rs 10000 crores by the end of 2016 and only Rs 4400 crores by the end of 2017.
If the state gets Rs 15 lakhs of crores in the last two years as Chandrababu Naidu is claiming, how come we get the special category status, he questioned. He asked the TDP to join them to resign to the memberships in parliament if the Union government fail to didn’t announce it by April 5.