- India, Korea can actively contribute to reshaping global order: EAM Jaishankar
- Maulana Siddiqui delaying trial in mass conversion case, UP govt tells Supreme Court
- India story revolves around robust earnings growth: HSBC's Van Der Linde
- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
- Women on company boards supports good corporate governance: Moody’s
- ChatGPT Presents Read Aloud Feature for Web and Mobile Versions
- Hand over Sheikh Shahjahan to CBI today: Calcutta HC tells Bengal police
203 Anna canteens to come up in State
The government of Andhra Pradesh has issued a GO to identify suitable places to establish Anna Canteens in 71 municipalities and municipal corporations of 13 districts. If everything goes well, the government is keen to set up the canteens by March-end.
Pithapuram: The government of Andhra Pradesh has issued a GO to identify suitable places to establish Anna Canteens in 71 municipalities and municipal corporations of 13 districts. If everything goes well, the government is keen to set up the canteens by March-end.
According to sources, the government has proposed to set up 203 canteens and centralised kitchens, including 16 canteens. Under the plan, Kakinada will have five canteens and Rajahmundry four. The district will have two master kitchen centres and five kitchen-cum-canteens, the sources said. Besides, canteen-cum-kitchens will be set up at Pithapuram, Samalkot, Mandapeta, Tuni and Amalapuram.
Municipal commissioners have been asked to send proposals after inspecting sites. Canteens should be set up in 1,600 square yards of centrally located place andthe kitchens and kitchen-canteens should be housed in 3,765 square yards each. The canteens proposed in various districts are as follows: East Godavari-16, West Godavari-18, Srikakulam-6, Vizianagaram-6, Visakhapatnam-27, Krishna-26, Guntur-33, Prakasam-9, Nellore-15, Chittoor-13, Kurnool-20 and Anantapur-24. The plan is to sell a plate of idlifor Re 1 and meals at Rs 5 (sambar and curry).