- DY Patil T20 Cup: Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik's comebacks go in vain as DY Patil Blue lose by one run
- Six personalities named for Akademi Ratna, 92 for Sangeet Natak Akademi awards
- Thousands of devotees take part in 'Palkhi Yatra' at BAPS UAE temple
- Govt to launch 2nd auction of critical mineral blocks on Feb 29
- Amazon aggregator Thrasio files for bankruptcy in US
- Terrorist associate arrested in J&K's Sopore
- IVPL: Munaf Patel shines as Chhattisgarh Warriors thrash Rajasthan Legends by 7 wickets
- Most firms globally reported 55% or more of legacy tech debt in 2023
- 'No papers shared, no blame to share’, Delhi L-G slams Kejriwal over water scheme
- Zaheer Khan was someone I used to watch a lot to try and learn from, says James Anderson
Three commit suicide
Three persons, including an intermediate girl committed suicide, in three different incidents in Vizianagaram district on Wednesday.
Salur: Three persons, including an intermediate girl committed suicide, in three different incidents in Vizianagaram district on Wednesday. Inspector of Salur S Sanjiva Rao informed 17-year-old Ch Lakshmi was staying at Bangaramma Colony here, had lost her mother recently and was in depression for the past few months. On Wednesday, she committed suicide by hanging from the ceiling fan.
She was studying intermediate in local college. On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and sent the body for post-mortem. In another incident, D Visweswara Rao (55) of MK Valasa village in Jaami mandal committed suicide after by consuming gamaxin powder. He was a street vendor and was facing financial crisis.
In third incident, P Mohana Rao of Jannivalasa village in Ramabhadrapuram mandal committed suicide by consuming pesticide. He had worked in a jute mill at Bobbili but the firm was closed recently. Since them his family was facing financial problems. All these consequences forced him to take the extreme step, according to police.