2 Hostel girls fall Sick, Hospitalised

2 Hostel girls fall Sick, Hospitalised
x
Highlights

Two girls of Kalla Girls Hostel were hospitalised due to food poisoning on Friday The students complained of stomachache and palpitation after breakfast

Akiveedu: Two girls of Kalla Girls Hostel were hospitalised due to food poisoning on Friday. The students complained of stomachache and palpitation after breakfast.

The students—Swati (12) of Class VI and Nandini (14) – had kichidi and egg in the morning and attended classes at ZP High School.

When they complained about illness, the teachers arranged for ambulance to shift them to hospital. They were rushed to Kalla Government Hospital.

Dr Mohini who attended on the girls informed that either food or water was contaminated.

While Swati was recovering after admission, Nandini was shifted to Bhimavaram Government Hospital in 108 ambulance for better treatment as the latter showed no signs of improvement at Kalla hospital.

The Kalla hospital doctor also informed that such cases of food poisoning were frequently reported by the hostel girls.

However, hostel warden Kusuma blamed it on the drinking water. She complained that they had been supplying water to students after boiling it to avoid waterborne diseases.

“We complained to Panchayat officials several times on the supply of contaminated water. Even local MLA was also aware of our problem. Nobody cared for the girls and supply of contaminated water continued,” she lamented.

The warden further said that due to rains during the past two days, more contamination was found in the drinking water supplied by the Panchayat.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Next Story
More Stories