- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Warned Centre that AP is cyclone prone: Chandrababu Naidu
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has said that he has alerted the Centre and all the stakeholders that the truncated state of Andhra Pradesh would be prone to natural disasters
Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has said that he has alerted the Centre and all the stake-holders that the truncated state of Andhra Pradesh would be prone to natural disasters.
Speaking during a tele-conference on Neeru Pragathi scheme, Chandrababu Naidu said that he wanted the state to be given special status as it is prone to weather vagaries. He pointed out that during the last four years, AP had experienced drought for two years and floods and cyclone for two years.
He said despite all these entreaties, the Centre has been highly uncooperative. He said the TDP government has been striving to bring the state back to normalcy everytime it is hit by a natural calamity.