- First-ever AI musical concert held at VIT-AP University
- CEC flags off cyclothon, walkathon in Hyderabad for voter awareness
- Actress Gayatri Joshi, realtor hubby Vikas Oberoi survive Lamborghini crash in Italy
- Adobe brings Photoshop on web to new Google Chromebook Plus devices
- Nampally CBI court adjourns hearing on YS Viveka murder case to October 16
- Pawan’s foray into T electoral politics raises heat
- Congress poll panel co-chair makes bold promises
- 1.10 L voter-related problems solved in Eluru district
- Hyderabad: Poll-wary Asad takes up development works in Old City
- YS Jagan virtually inaugurates food processing unit in the state
KE Krishna Murthy lays stone for Shilparamam
Deputy Chief Minister KE Krishna Murthy said the aim in establishing Shilparamam Parks in all districts across the State is to extend a vibrant atmosphere to the people
Kurnool: Deputy Chief Minister KE Krishna Murthy said the aim in establishing Shilparamam Parks in all districts across the State is to extend a vibrant atmosphere to the people. Krishnamurthy, along with Tourism Minister Bhuma Akhila Priya and District Collector S Sathyanarayana, laid foundation stone for the construction of Shilparamam at Jagannatha Gattu here on Monday.
After the foundation ceremony, the Deputy Chief Minister addressed a meeting. He said that an approach road would be laid connecting Shilparamam from Nandyal High Way. He ordered the officials concerned to complete the construction of Shilparamam in a span of three months.
The State government is giving a big boost to the tourism sector and wants to develop a tourism circuit connecting all pilgrim towns in the district, stated K E Krishnamurthy.
Tourism Minister, Bhuma Akhila Priya said the Shilparamam Park would develop in an extent of 7.71 acres with an outlay of Rs.3 crores. At the first phase, an administrative office, cluster of handicraft shops, community hall for cultural programmes , children play grounds, tiffin corners and toilets will be constructed.
In the second phase, a gallery depicting the rural areas, a convention centre and an amusement park were planned. In addition to Rs.3 crores another Rs.2 crores would sanction for the completion of all the construction, said Akhila Priya.
District Collector S Sathyanarayana and city MLA SV Mohan Reddy said the citizens, netizens and the people of Kurnool district can enjoy their holidays at Shilparamam. MLC KE Prabhakar, Chairman of Kurnool Urban Development Authority (KUDA) Somi Shetty Venkateshwarulu, Executive Engineer of Shilparamam, Guru Prasad and others were present.