- Hindu Gods 'insult' row: Karnataka police book FIR over threat calls to complainant
- 23 lakh Indian diaspora are reinforcing Indo-Canadian relations: Jitendra Singh
- From Michelle Obama to Matthew McConaughey: Celebrities Share Their Go-to Recipes
- Maratha quotas given, but unrelenting Jarange-Patil to start fresh stir from Feb 24
- Servitor held in Bhubaneswar for sexually assaulting foreign tourist
- Rakul Preet Singh & Jackky Bhagnani Tie the Knot in Anand Karaj Ceremony
- TN fertiliser unit responsible for ammonia leak ready to pay Rs 5.92 cr compensation: Minister
- Delhi HC asks suspended BJP MLAs to meet Speaker as Lt Governor accepts apology
- Breakup Day 2024: Top 5 Songs to Heal Your Heart After a Failed Relationship.
- Govt plans to simplify, digitalise KYC process
Chicken waste used to feed fishes
With officials ignoring food safety, chicken waste is being used to feed fishes in fish ponds in the district
Eluru: With officials ignoring food safety, chicken waste is being used to feed fishes in fish ponds in the district.
The chicken waste collected from chicken centres and restaurants is used as there is no check on the illegal activity. The feed provided to the fish would affect health of people as a majority of people eat fish in their regular food.
The transportation of the chicken waste is also not obstructed for reasons better known to transport officials.
The organisers of the several fish ponds have been carrying out the activity to ensure speedy growth of the fishes. The fishes pose threat to health of people as they were fed with wrong food.
The chicken waste collection by fish pond managements was going on without any check in Akiveedu, Undi, Bhimavaram, Ganapavaram, Tadepalligudem, Tanuku, Palakol and Narasapuram.