- Mallampally New Mandal Gazette Notification Issuance
- US prepares for potential government shutdown
- Hyderabad's Class 7 student earns PM Modi's praise
- 2nd ODI: Shubman Gill is touted to be the next big thing in World Cricket says Abhishek Nayar
- Death toll in Taiwan factory fire, explosions rises to 10
- Akhilesh's national ambition could wreck INDIA bloc's seat-sharing plans
- Dahal in China for Business Summit
- Aspiring Indian students get admission in Canadian institutes as they normally do: Officials
- ACB court extends Chandrababu remand till October 5
- Indian Navy chief participates in Seapower Symposium in US
Drop in crime rate compared to 2017: SP Dr Fakeerappa Kaginelli
Crime rate in the district has drastically dropped compared to previous year, said District Superintendent of Police SP Dr Fakeerappa Kaginelli after reviewing the crime roundup for the year 2018 at Ved Vyas Auditorium here on Thursday
Kurnool: Crime rate in the district has drastically dropped compared to previous year, said District Superintendent of Police (SP) Dr Fakeerappa Kaginelli after reviewing the crime roundup for the year 2018 at Ved Vyas Auditorium here on Thursday.
The SP informed the media that atrocities on women have come down to 24 per cent and rape cases dropped by 29 per cent compared to last year. 1,270 women harassment cases have been filed in previous year and the number has come down to 967 this year, he mentioned and added 42 cybercrime cases have been filed this year whereas 54 cases were registered last year. Murder for gain have completely registered zero this year pointing three cases filed in 2017, he SP said.
Further briefing, Dr Fakeerappa said 157 deserted children were rescued under the Operation Muskan. Of them, 151 were handed over to their parents and the other six children were admitted in the orphanage, he said and added 31 red sanders logs weighing 564 kilos have been seized.
Out of 502 missing cases registered last year, 457 persons have been traced. This year, 357 persons were traced from the total of 447 missing cases, he informed.