- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
JNTU organises birth anniversary of Savitribai Phule
The 189th birth anniversary of social reformer Savitribai Phule was organised at JNTUK on Thursday
Kakinada: The 189th birth anniversary of social reformer Savitribai Phule was organised at JNTU-K on Thursday.
Participating as chief guest in the programme, university rector Prof I Santi Prabha said that though Savitribai Phule did not get the opportunity to go for higher education, she encouraged women towards education.
The rector asked the women students to emulate social service activities of former IPS officer Kiran Bedi and social activist Sunita Williams.
University women empowerment director Prof A Swarna Kumari , employees association leader Kanaka Rao, Pnchayat Raj engineer B Ratham and others spoke.