- Vizianagaram: Teachers told to adopt students for best results
- Cauvery Dispute: Bengaluru bandh partial
- TTD gets Rs 24.22 crore Hundi income
- Clean governance must for country's growth: PM Modi
- Ram Temple's consecration ceremony likely on Jan 22
- Visakhapatnam: Sambalpur-Banaras Express service fulfils people’s desire
- YouTube ends cheaper ad-free 'Premium Lite' subscription plan
- PM Modi pats equestrian team
- Visakhapatnam: Portal to register new Sainik Schools reopens
- PM giving top priority to jobs: Narayanaswamy
OMC organises town planning open forum in Ongole
The Ongole Municipal Corporation conducted the town planning open forum along with the stake holders in the commissioner office on Friday
Ongole: The Ongole Municipal Corporation conducted the town planning open forum along with the stake holders in the commissioner office on Friday.
The municipal commissioner, Sankranti Venkata Krishna explained that the government of Andhra Pradesh has awarded the responsibility of preparing the GIS based master plan for the city, which is bestowed to Rudrabhishek Enterprises Limited.
He said that the civic body requires suggestions and guidelines from the public as well as the officials.
As part of the meeting, representatives from the Raudrabhishek Enterprises Limited explained the people about the process of registering the topography of the town including the hills, buildings, roads and other structures to capture, store, analyze and manage using the geographic information system software.
They said that with the GIS survey, the local body can impose tax according to the area, number of floors etc in the building, including the tap connections, water tank capacity etc to collect water bills and many more perfectly.
The members from the chamber of commerce, officials, public and other share holders also participated in the awareness programme held by the town planning department.