- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Vision Action Plan launched
Minister for Labour Welfare Pithani Satyanarayana has released the Vision Action Plan 201924 for overall development of West Godavari district
Eluru: Minister for Labour Welfare Pithani Satyanarayana has released the Vision Action Plan 2019-24 for overall development of West Godavari district.
Speaking on the occasion at the Collectorate here on Saturday, the minister said that the document focused on plan for next five years. The district achieved a better development rate compared to others.
The minister asked the officials to achieve 18.59 development rate from the existing 12.77 per cent. Half of the revenue was coming from agriculture and allied sectors. Services sector registered 34 per cent growth.
There is scope for 15 per cent development in handicrafts and tourism sector. Measures should be taken to develop food processing, jute and ceramics as there is availability of raw material in the district, he suggested.
Referring to development of industries, he said non-availability of land was coming in the way of the efforts. To overcome, this problem, the government had sought clearance from the Centre for transfer of forest lands.
The proposal is still pending, he informed. Collector Praveen Kumar, Joint Collector M Venugopal Reddy and others were present.