Former Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju skips TDP politburo meeting
Telugu Desam partys most senior leader, former union minister and Vizianagaram MP Ashok Gajapathi Raju has skipped the politburo meeting on Saturday
Amaravati: Telugu Desam party's most senior leader, former union minister and Vizianagaram MP Ashok Gajapathi Raju has skipped the politburo meeting on Saturday.
The politburo is the high-level decisions making meeting in the TDP and this meeting is chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
The absences of the former minister fuel-up the speculations that something is not well within the party. In recent times many senior leaders, MLA's and MPs have left the party, with differences with the party high command.
As per the party sources, for past some time Ashok Gajapathi Raju is upset with TDP Supremo for not giving much importance to him in the party.
This is also said to be the reason why he skipped the foundation stone laying ceremony of Bhogapuram airport in Vizianagaram district.
It's said that the joining of the Congress senior leader Kishore Chandradev into TDP is one of the main reason for the differences between Chandrababu and Ashok Gajapathi Raju.
Kishore Chandradev recently meets CM Naidu and expressed to join the party. In this regards the party has not consulted Ashok Gajapathi Raju over Congress leader joining the party.
It's learned that with this concerns, Ashok Gajapathi Raju might have skipped the politburo meeting.
- National Congress fields retired HC judge Hasnain Masoodi from Anantnag
- On app meant for poll-related complaints, people upload selfies, photos of trees, lamps
- 16-year-old from Kashmir gets Shaurya Chakra for fighting militants who attacked his house
- Former Supreme Court judge Satya Brata Singh passes away
- ED attaches 13 assets in J&K in terror funding probe against Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin