Live Updates: New Mahindra Alturas G4 Launch
New Mahindra Alturas G4 launch is today and we will bring you all the live updates from the launch event here. Stay tuned for prices and more ...
New Mahindra Alturas G4 launch is today and we will bring you all the live updates from the launch event here. Stay tuned for prices and more
Mahindra has launched its new flagship SUV, the Alturas G4 in India. Showcased the Auto Expo 2018 earlier this year, the new SUV is available in two variants: 2WD and 4WD, which are priced at Rs 26.95 lakh and Rs 29.95 lakh (ex-showroom pan-India). Here are the details of the new SUV. Related: Mahindra Alturas G4: First Drive Review
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 is powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine that generates 181PS of maximum power and 420Nm of peak torque.
- The engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 is available with both 2WD and 4WD options.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 is 4,850mm long, 1,960mm wide and 1,845mm tall.
- It has a wheelbase of 2,865mm, which is longest in the segment.
- For safety, it gets ESP, ARP (Anti-Rollover Protection), HSA (Hill Start Assist), HDC (Hill Descent Control), ESS (Emergency Stop Signal), traction control and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
- It also gets 9 airbags, but they are limited to the 4WD variant. The 2WD variant gets dual front airbags only.
- Other standard features on offer include projector headlamps with LED DRLs, 18-inch alloys, windshield de-icer, 8-way power adjustable driver seat, ventilated seats, two-zone climate control, tyre pressure monitoring system, front and rear parking sensors, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and cruise control.
- The 4WD variant gets additional features such as auto HID headlamps, LED fog lamps with cornering features, 360 degree camera, sunroof, ambient lighting, powered tail gate, 7-inch colour MID, rain sensing wipers and memory function for driver seat and ORVMs.
- The 4WD also comes with first-in-segment ‘Easy Access Mode’ feature. Where the driver’s seat moves back automatically, allowing easy entry and exit.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 takes on likes of body-on-frame SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Isuzu mu-X.
- It also rivals some unibody SUV such as the Honda CR-V, Mitsubishi Outlander and the Skoda Kodiaq.