New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Launch Today
The hatchback will be available in three variants -- L, V and Z -- with two engine options Expected to be priced from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 6 lakh (ex-s...
The hatchback will be available in three variants -- L, V and Z -- with two engine options
- Expected to be priced from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Wll be available with 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre petrol engine options.
- CNG option will not be offered at the time of launch.
- An AMT is optional with both the engines.
- For the first time, it will get a touchscreen infotainment system.
Here is all you need to know about the upcoming WagonR:
- The new WagonR is based on the same Heartect platform that also underpins other modern Maruti cars like the Ignis, Baleno, Swift, Dzire and the Ertiga.
- Hence, it is longer and wider than its predecessor while being lighter. It also has a longer wheelbase.
- It will available in three variants: L,V and Z.
- Will get two engine options: 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol and 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol.
- No CNG on offer at launch. Maruti is expected to introduce it at a later stage.
- The 1.0-litre unit makes 68PS of maximum power and 90Nm of peak torque.
- The 1.2-litre motor, on the other hand, is good for 83PS/113Nm.
- The smaller 1.0-litre engine will be available in L and V variants, but AMT option will be available on the V variant only.
- The 1.2-litre engine will be available in V and Z variants with manual transmission and AMT on offer for both.
- For safety, it is equipped with driver airbag, ABS with EBD, front seatbelts reminder, speed alert system and rear parking sensors as standard. Maruti should offer the co-passenger airbag on the optional variants.
- Other features on offer include manual AC, a touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs and fog lamps.
- Colour options: Pearl Poolside Blue (New), Pearl Nutmeg Brown (New), Magma Grey(New), Pearl Autumn Orange(New), Silky Silver and Superior White.
- The new WagonR is expected to priced from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom). It will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro, Datsun GO and the Tata Tiago.
Read More on : Wagon R AMT
19 Feb 2020 6:35 AM GMT