- Chilukur: Crops begin to wither away in Feb itself
- Karimnagar: Police clampdown on land mafia leaves natas tense
- Signal launches usernames to keep your phone number private
- Vijayawada: Polio drops to be administered to 53.35L children in AP
- Entrepreneurial households driving next economic wave
- After Apple, Google to Manufacture Pixel Smartphones in India
- Vijayawada District Congress president Gundlakunta Sriramulu slams govt. For supressing opposition party
- Kadapa Mayor congratulates Bishop Issac on third anniversary as CSI president
- Profit booking halts 6-day bull run
- Uppercase unveils school backpacks
Why Amit Shah snubbed Chandrababu in Telangana
On a surprising note BJP national president Amit Shah skipped meeting with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu. This brought out many questions in the political circles.
Hyderabad: On a surprising note BJP national president Amit Shah skipped meeting with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu. This brought out many questions in the political circles.
Even though Amit Shah is in Hyderabad since yesterday, he never made any contact with their allies. The BJP is an ally of the Telugu Desam both parties share power at the national and state level.
According to the sources, Chandrababu Naidu was in the city and attempted to meet Amit Shah, but all attempts fell into vain when Amit team named it “Busy Schedule”.
However, political observers say that this is a clear indication that the BJP is weaning away support to its ally as part of the strategy to strengthen itself by 2019. The BJP leaders too echoed similar views.
An inside source in BJP informed us “Mr Naidu’s camp made attempts to meet with our national president. We are now strengthening our party in both the states. So this meeting was neither a priority nor on the itinerary of our party leader.”
“This visit was specifically for party activities, increasing membership and is aimed at helping the party come to power on its own in 2019 elections in both AP and Telangana. In Vijayawada, too, the meetings of Mr Shah will be similar to that in Telangana and there is no coordination meeting with the Telugu Desam,” he added.