- RBI maintains status quo on key repo rate
- Allahabad High Court rules: Possession, ferrying of cows not an offence
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 09 June 2023
- Amalapuram: Take cricketer Rasheed as an inspiration, youth told
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 09 June 2023
- Naga Shaurya makes interesting comments on Prabhas
- Congress lambasts Canada over ‘Indira assassination float’
- Kharge, Rahul, Mamata to attend Oppn meet in Patna
- NBK’s ‘Bhagavanth Kesari’ teaser to be screened in 108 theatres on Balayya’s b’day
- Three batches of Haj pilgrims depart from Hyderabad
Hyderabad gets AI centre
Telangana government and IT industry body Nasscom will set up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for data science and artificial intelligence here. The CoE will come up in public-private partnership (PPP) model.
Hyderabad: Telangana government and IT industry body Nasscom will set up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for data science and artificial intelligence here. The CoE will come up in public-private partnership (PPP) model.
Telangana IT minister KT Rama Rao said: “The CoE will be set up with an initial joint investment of Rs40 crore, it’ll catalyse the growth of the deep tech ecosystem in Telangana, by providing the stimulus for innovation and in-depth research in the areas of data science and artificial intelligence.”
Telangana government and Nasscom on Tuesday signed an agreement during World Congress on IT (WCIT-2018) here. Nasscom President R Chandrashekhar said: “To be established on a PPP model, the CoE is the most recent addition to Nasscom’s ‘hub-and-spoke’ network of CoEs across major locations in the country, aimed at evangelising new and emerging technologies.”
The CoE will be a platform for intelligence-sharing and technology collaboration among stakeholders, to build collective capabilities for the industry and country in the cutting-edge areas of data science (DS) and artificial intelligence (AI).
Elaborating on the government’s initiatives, KTR said: “The CoE will function in participation from Nasscom and the industry. And I’m sure that it’s in the right direction for developing Telangana and India as global hub for DS & AI in the coming years.”