- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Vangaveeti will be RGV's last film in Telugu
Maverick filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has announced that he will bid adieu to Telugu filmdom with upcoming crime drama \"Vangaveeti\", about the evolution of rowdyism in the 1980s in Vijayawada.
Chennai: Maverick filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has announced that he will bid adieu to Telugu filmdom with upcoming crime drama "Vangaveeti", about the evolution of rowdyism in the 1980s in Vijayawada.
"The story of 'Vangaveeti' is so gripping and true; I don't think I can find a better story to make another film in Telugu. I want my Telugu film career to end on a high and hence, I've decided that 'Vangaveeti' will be my last film," RGV said in a statement.
The story will revolve around the rise of rowdyism in Vijayawada, starting with the killing of Chalasani Venkatarathnam by Vangaveeti Radha, and how everything ended with the death of Vangaveeti Ranga.
Most of the story will be based on events RGV experienced and witnessed while growing up in Vijayawada.
"I may have grown up in Hyderabad, but everything in my life is based on experiences in Vijayawada. I've had the privilege of seeing the evolution of rowdyism in Vijayawada as a student. This is why nobody else knows about rowdyism in Vijayawada than me," he said.
The film will feature characters inspired from Vangaveeti and Devineni family, besides several other politicians like Rajeev Gandhi, Dasari Narayana Rao and NT Rama Rao, former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.