Deepika Padukone in next 'xXx' film, confirms director
Actress Deepika Padukone, who made her Hollywood foray with the Vin Dieselstarrer xXx Return of Xander Cage, will return to the franchise for its fourth instalment, according to its director DJ Caruso
Mumbai: Actress Deepika Padukone, who made her Hollywood foray with the Vin Diesel-starrer "xXx: Return of Xander Cage", will return to the franchise for its fourth instalment, according to its director DJ Caruso.
Caruso, on Twitter, welcomed Chinese singer-actor Roy Wang to the "xXx" family on Monday.
A social media user then asked: "What about Deepika Padukone. Will she be part of the film""
"Yes," replied Caruso, thereby confirming that the popular actress will be back in the action-packed franchise.
Asked if there was any update on Deepika's shooting schedule for the film, Caruso responded to a fan: "Working it out now script being scheduled."
Deepika's foray into Hollywood had created a strong buzz. In fact, last year Diesel had made his maiden visit to India as he came down to Mumbai with Caruso and the Bollywood actress to promote ""xXx: Return of Xander Cage". He was welcomed with 'desi' fanfare.
The franchise began with the 2002 film "xXx", which was followed by the 2005 entertainer "xXx: State of the Union".
The third "xXx" movie, featuring Deepika as Serena Unger, had grossed over $300 million worldwide.
- Entered politics so that no woman should be tortured, says Sadhvi Pragya
- Ghaziabad techie who posted confession video of family murder arrested
- Bollywood Superstar Akshay Kumar interviews PM Modi
- Our aim is to overthrow the BJP and form a new government led by Rahul Gandhi: MK Stalin
- Tired of listening to PM beat his own trumpet on Pakistan: Chidambaram