- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar thanks PM Modi for MSP on crops
- French Open: Defending champ Swiatek ousts Gauff to book semifinal spot
- Meta Verified badge arrives to India, starts from Rs 699
- 20 bogies of goods train derail in Assam; no casualty
Hyderabad: Govt orders CB-CID probe into Nalgonda rape case
Govt Orders CB-CID Probe into Nalgonda Rape Case, AP State Minorities Commission. The State government, responding to the request of the AP State Minorities Commission, has ordered a CB-CID investigation into the rape and murder of 11-year-old student in Nalgonda on April 28.
Hyderabad: The State government, responding to the request of the AP State Minorities Commission, has ordered a CB-CID investigation into the rape and murder of 11-year-old student in Nalgonda on April 28.
After finding the report from Superintendent of Police ‘not to be satisfactory’, two member committee comprising of Dr Qurratulain Hasan and Prabha Elizebeth Joseph went to Nalgonda on fact finding mission. The report submitted by them found several irregularities in conducting the investigation.
In another rape case taken up by the Commission, a 12-year-old minor girl who was raped at Hakeem Hills near Rajendra Nagar, the accused was identified and booked but was not arrested. The Commission, which received complaint, is taking steps towards ensuring arrest of accused under ‘Nirbhaya’ Act.