Crossword Bookstores suggests 6 ways to celebrate ‘Maharashtra Reading Day’
Was declared as Maharashtra Reading Day by Education Minister Vinod Tawde in honour of former President of India, APJ Abdul Kalams 85th birthday and...
Mumbai: Was declared as Maharashtra Reading Day by Education Minister Vinod Tawde in honour of former President of India, APJ Abdul Kalam’s 85th birthday and to celebrate his love for reading and writing.
Indeed, Maharashtra has a long-standing tradition of literature, as the home state to Sahitya Akademi Award winners Kusumagraj and Indira Sant. Prominent writers like Sarojini Vaidya and Pu La Deshpande have regaled generations of readers.
Our youth must be encouraged to desist from excessive gadget-obsession, and diverted to reading as well, even if they may choose to read on a kindle.
“This Maharashtra Reading Day join us in our endeavour to spread knowledge and inculcate the habit of reading,” says Maulik Desai, Head, Crossword Book Stores. Desai adds, "Here are 6 ways you can celebrate Maharashtra Reading Day this year with us.”
1) Buy a book: Yes! Buy that book you wanted to read forever. Now is the time!
2) Gift a book: Gift someone a book and surprise them. Giving always feels good.
3) Exchange books: Exchange your favourite book with a friend and you can read a new book at no cost. You could exchange notes; have fun and spend quality time together.
4) Library membership: Enrol yourself as a member of the library nearest to you. This will encourage you to read more.
5) Donate old books: Do something good this year. Donate all those old books that you do not need, to an NGO.
6) Host a book reading: Here’s to a new kind of Saturday night fever! Gather your friends and each of you can read excerpts from books you like.
15th October is also the 26th founding anniversary of Crossword Bookstores.
Tell Crossword how you plan to celebrate this #MaharashtraReadingDay because #readingisgood. You can tag on Instagram (@crosswordbookstores), Facebook page (Crossword Bookstores) or Twitter (crossword_book).