Jaitley: BCCI to take tough action against guilty
BCCI vice-President and a member of the Board`s disciplinary committee Arun Jaitley has promised 'tough...
BCCI vice-President and a member of the Board`s disciplinary committee Arun Jaitley has promised "tough action" against anyone found guilty of involvement in the spot-fixing scandal that shook the IPL. Jaitley, who is also a member of IPL Governing Council, said a free and fair investigation would be conducted within a stipulated deadline. "The Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) of BCCI is looking into all these matters," was Jaitley`s reaction when asked about the spot-fixing scandal. "The Supreme Court has given it (BCCI) a 15-day time limit. It will give its report which will come up before the Disciplinary Committee. Be rest assured we are going to take tough action (against anyone found guilty)," he said. Jaitley`s reaction came after Indian cricket was thrown into disarray because of the IPL spot-fixing scandal which led to the arrest of three players, including Test pacer S Sreesanth, and several bookies with underworld connections.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow