- Over 90,000 US visas for Indian students, third year in a row
- TN to hold 1,000 medical camps to screen dengue from Oct 1
- Medical negligence case: Another hospital in UP's Amethi loses licence
- Odisha Assembly adjourned till 4 pm amid Opposition ruckus
- I-T Department updates rules for startup equity valuation
- Now have real-time listening session with your group with Spotify's 'Jam'
- Telangana HC slaps Rs 10k fine on Aleru MLA over an election affidavit case
- Delhi Liquor Scam case: Kavitha gets relief from Supreme Court
- Mulayam’s statue installed at SP's office, then removed on Nagar Palika Parishad's order
- Jala Deeksha of TDP leaders in Rajavolu
Mopidevi's son joins YSRCP
No proper medicare for ex-minister alleged Hyderabad: Former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao's family members joined YSRCP on Friday. His...
No proper medicare for ex-minister alleged Hyderabad: Former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao's family members joined YSRCP on Friday. His younger brother Harinath Babu and son Rajiv took the party membership from the party's honorary President Y S Vijayamma. Welcoming the Mopidevi supporters and family members into the party, Vijayamma said that there were no cases against her son and party President YS Jaganmohan Reddy as long as he was in Congress (for 15 months). Jagan embarked upon his Odarpu Yatra to keep up his promise made at Nallakaluva. Unable to withstand the influence of Jagan and his image in public, TDP and Congress went to court challenging the 26 controversial GOs. The court issued notice to the government giving 8 months time to file a counter petition. If they had filed a counter petition, there would have been no cases against Jagan and Mopidevi, she said. But the ministers told Supreme Court all the GOs had been issued according to business rules. Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy too informed the Assembly that no minister had erred. Then where did the case come from, Vijayamma questioned. The motive behind this was to tarnish the image of YSR and torment Jagan, she said on the occassion. The emotionally charged Harinath alleged that injustice was meted out to his brother despite his services to the Congress for more than 25 years. But the party failed to take care. Making sweeping remarks against Union minister of State for Petroleum Panabaka Laxmi, he said the Minister asked his brother to turn approver, but he turned down her request because he had not done anything wrong. He said state Health Minister Kondru Murali did not respond to their appeal to provide proper medical treatment to his ailing brother. He also requested Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for help to his brother, but he too failed to do anything.