- Tirupati: Aarogya Suraksha camps towards health for all begin
- Vijayawada: Underground tunnel fish exhibition inaugurated
- Vijayawada: VMC Commissioner inspects Info Park works
- Pavilion End at Trent Bridge renamed in honour of Stuart Broad
- Ashwin says 2023 World Cup could be his last for India
- Aman Raj bags second title of season with hard-fought win
- Inner Ring Road scam is a quid pro quo case: Minister
- AP Revenue services association state meeting today
- Indian men one win away from first-ever badminton team gold
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 01 October, 2023
9 children die after eating mid-day meal in Bihar
In a tragic incident, at least eleven children died and over forty were taken ill after eating infected midday meal at a government school in Saran...
In a tragic incident, at least eleven children died and over forty were taken ill after eating infected midday meal at a government school in Saran district on Tuesday. According to reports, the incident took place in Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran. Reports claim that over 50 children, belonging to the age group of 8 to 12 years, were served khichdi as part of the midday meal scheme. However, shortly after that most of the kids started vomiting and their condition worsened. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has called an emergency meeting to discuss the situation. The Bihar government has also ordered a probe into the incident' The Chief Minister has also announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the family of children who died. Angry over the deaths, hundreds of people took to the streets in protest and surrounded the local police station demanding action against school teachers and officials responsible. Meanwhile, forensic team has been rushed to the spot to take sample of the contaminated food and probe the incident. The affected kids are being treated at nearby government hospitals. Two teachers belonging to the Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran are absconding since the incident.